Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Clam Chowder Bread Bowls

So excited. I made a lovely huge batch of clam chowder this evening. Nice and thick, smells delicious. We're just waiting on the bread dough to finish rising. And then I will divide the batch into 8 pieces and bake some bread bowls. I promised that I would send some over to my neighbor. But I promised myself that I would take pictures of the final result. So it won't be too much longer now!

Of course, I could always do that with the beef stew as well. I had so many potatoes in the batch, that I couldn't fit them all in the stew pot. So in a little bit, I'll thaw out some stew meat and whip up some of hubby's favorite beef stew. The starter mix is the same, spices and protein different. But it will all taste good in the end. I bet that he would love to have that for his lunch. Pour the stew into the bread bowl, cover, wrap and he's got a nice hearty meal for his lunch at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment