Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Champagne Jell-o Shots

Saw a picture for a recipe today. It was Champagne jell-o shots covered very prettily in pop rocks. I was thinking, that this would be a good recipe to try over the holidays. Mixing jell-o and alcohol is not difficult. Another site that I was reading made mention of the fact that since champagne has a lower alcohol content, you should use more of it. But for the purpose of the recipe, the way it looks, since the site it was taken from didn't sync up, they were more like jell-o jigglers, in which you use less liquid to get the more solid jell-o state. So I think some trial and error there might go on. Mix it with orange jell-o for a mimosa type jiggler/ shooter.

But what about the kids? I know some parents, like my own, are not adverse to letting their children have a sip during the holidays, or for special occasions. For myself, I won't tolerate it. My children can drink when they are a legal age in their designated country to do so. Meaning, if they go to Canada when they are 18, then okay. As long as they behave responsibly with the freedom they are granted, I have no problems. One of the ways, I figure, to set an example about responsibility is by being that way myself.

Anyhow, back to the kids mix. My mother showed us a great recipe many years ago that made jell-o with lemon lime soda. It was actually soda water that the recipe called for, but she found it too flat. So she experimented and came up with the Blue Sprites, as my kids called them. So many flavors can be mixed with the different flavors of clear sodas out there. I know some of my kids would love Sierra Mists new cranberry blend. It's a very pretty color too. Mix that with some plain gelatin with a little flavor boost and really, the sky is the limit. And dipping the jigglers in pop rocks will pretty them up, just as much for adults as the kids.

So I am going to get some supplies this weekend and get busy. That, plus planning out our Sunday night movie menu will keep me busy! Picture WILL follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment